In today’s job market, the more skills you can offer, the better your chance
of success! South West TAFE offers the widest range of Short Courses and Industry
Skills Programs available in south west Victoria. Maximise your potential by further
expanding your skill base, enhancing your job prospects, or pursuing a new hobby
or interest. Offering a quick solution, each course will provide individuals with
valuable skills that can enhance both their professional development, as well as
their workplace competency.
Our Industry Skills Programs provide training for the required compliance level,
licence to perform specialised activities, or to operate specific plant equipment.
We offer training in accredited units of competence from an endorsed Nationally
Recognised Training Package or that are recognised by the relevant Industry Regulator.
The variety of Short Courses and Industry Skills Programs offered by South West
TAFE includes scheduled evenings, mornings, weekends, during the day, on campus,
off campus and workplace on site. With such a flexible approach as to when courses
are available, there’s bound to be a course that accommodates the busy and
varied lifestyles of everyone!
- Broadening your professional and personal skills
- Advancing your existing knowledge
- ‘Tasting’ a new career path before committing to long term study, or
- Enhancing your current career by up-skilling for future promotions
- Meeting requirements of industry compliance or licence
- Opportunities to gain credits towards other training programs
- Offering a variety of course schedules to suit your lifestyle and needs
- Turning your interests into a hobby or career
- Creating more opportunities for future personal development
Upon successful completion of training with endorsed units from a Nationally Recognised
Training Package, participants receive a Statement of Attainment, which may then
provide credits towards a qualification.
- Widest range of industry specific programs on offer across the south west
- Experienced, skilled trainers who have relevant industry experience
- Quality training outcomes providing real skills and knowledge
- Emphasis is on ensuring competence and confidence utilising your new skills
- Opportunity for customised delivery to meet specific training needs
- Training available on-site in the workplace
- Up-to-date training materials and resources
- Flexible delivery approach
Our Short Courses are taught by experts in their fields and cover a wide range of
Study Areas including:
Browse through the many Short Courses and Industry Skills Programs we offer by clicking
here for a complete list of Short Courses
or, check out the links below for training currently being offered at your nearest
South West TAFE campus.
Customer Service Centre
Phone: 1300 648 911
Fax: 03 5564 8982