We are not liable to you or anyone else for any loss in connection with use of this Web Site or a Linked Web Site.
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any of the following specific warnings and disclaimers but does not attempt to exclude liability in relation to those warranties implied by law which cannot be excluded.
Specific Warnings and Disclaimers
You must ensure that your access to this Web Site is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you or in your location.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with, or damage to, your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this Web Site or a Linked Web Site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this Web Site is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, all representations, warranties and other terms are excluded. In circumstances where warranties are implied by law and cannot be excluded, South West Institute of TAFE's ("SWTAFE") liability is limited to only the repair, replacement or reimbursement for the goods supplied by SWTAFE or the replacement or reimbursement for the services supplied by SWTAFE, at SWTAFE's option.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Information
This Web Site is the intellectual property of South West Institute of TAFE as such we are the copyright owners.
Access is granted only for your personal and non-commercial use.
Other than for the purposes prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Commonwealth of Australia) and similar statutes that apply in your location, you may not, in any form or by any means:
- Copy, adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Web Site; or
commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Web Site, without our written permission. The material placed on this Web site is material in which copyright subsists In some cases, SWTAFEown that copyright.This site may also include third party content which is subject to that third party's terms and conditions of use.
In accessing this site you acknowledge and agree that SWTAFE will not be under any liability to you for any loss or damage including consequential loss or damage however caused, whether by negligence or otherwise, that arises in any way from the use of any material or information obtained here.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified SWTAFE against all claims, actions and demands for breach of copyright which may be brought against SWTAFE arising out of your use of material or information obtained here.
Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the TM or ® symbol is a trade mark of SWTAFE or a third party who has consented to SWTAFE's use of their trade mark on this Web site.
You may note use any trade mark of third parties represented on this Web site.
If you use any of our trade marks to refer to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that trade mark to us. You must not use any of trade marks:
- In or as the whole or part of your own trade marks;
- In connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- In a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive;
- In a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this Web Site).
Linked Web Sites
This Web Site may contain links to Linked Web Sites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
Links to those Linked Web Sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation, or preference by us of the owners or operators of the Sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on those Other Web Sites. South West Institute of TAFE does not authorise reproduction (whether by way of copying, printing, downloading, uploading or otherwise) of any material contained in the linked sites. Unauthorised copying of material contained in the linked sites may infringe the copyright in that material.
Unless stated otherwise on this Web Site, we have:
(a) no relationship with the owners or operators of those Linked Web Sites; and
(b) no control over or rights in those Linked Web Sites.
Personal Information and Privacy
South West TAFE's privacy statement is provided in more detail here.
Generally, SWTAFE does not need to collect any Personal Information about you - you can generally visit this Web Site without telling us who you are or revealing other Personal Information. If we wish to collect Personal Information about you (such as name, contact information or other registration information) via the Internet, SWTAFE will operate by these principles:
- We will expressly ask you for that Personal Information.
- When we ask you for that Personal Information, we will tell you how we intend to use that Personal Information if you chose to give it to us. For instance, we may wish to use that Personal Information to personalise and tailor our information, services or products for you; to identify who we are communicating with; or, to inform you of further information relating to our services or products, or to this Web Site.
If you tell us that you do not wish to have this Personal Information used for a particular purpose, we will respect your wishes. You can e-mail us at
to do this.
- We intend to keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyse this data for trends and statistics.
- We will not share your Personal Information with persons or entities outside our organisation.
If you wish to review and make any necessary corrections to your Personal Information, you can e-mail us at
to do this.
If at any time you believe that SWTAFE has not adhered to these principles or have any other comments on these principles, please notify us by e-mail to
and we will use all reasonable efforts to promptly deal with the matter.
"Cookies" are a standard for storing small pieces of data on a web client (ie. the web browser on your computer). Any Web server (including this one) may:
- store one or more cookies in your browser; or
- request your browser to transmit the data to the Web server.
This Web Site may store cookies on your Web client in order to better serve you upon your subsequent visits to this Web Site.
By using cookies, Web sites can track information about visitors' usage of the site, provide customised content, or even the use of password protection. Note that some browsers can be configured to allow cookies to be accessed by servers other than the originating server.
Please note that most Web browsers can also be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. For further information about working with cookies:
Note that the servers listed above may also cause a cookie to be stored on your computer. If you are using a browser not listed above, please consult your documentation or the manufacturer.
- "SWTAFE" stands for South West Institute of Technical and Further Education, and includes any of the directors and employees of SWTAFE or any of its associated entities or any other person contributing to this Web Site.
- "Loss" means any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence) which may be directly or indirectly suffered.
- "Linked Web Sites" means Web sites of people other than SWTAFE which are hyperlinked from this Web Site.
- "Personal Information" means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
this "Web Site" means the whole or any part of the web pages located at
www.swtafe.vic.edu.au (including the layout of this Web Site; individual elements of the Web Site design; underlying code elements of this Web Site; or text, sounds, graphics, animated elements or any other content of this Web Site).
- "We" and "us" refer toSouth West TAFE, and "our" has a similar meaning.
TO RETURN TO THE WEB SITE, CLICK THE BACK BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER. BY USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS STATED ABOVE.