Currently, there is no change to our operations. This means until the advice of any change all TAFEs will continue to operate as normal and while we do so we want to ensure our contractors are assisting us in maintaining safe practices upon visiting any SWTAFE campus or workplace.
What is happening at SWTAFE
- As the situation continues to change rapidly, our Management and Incident Response Teams are focusing efforts on planning for how SWTAFE will adjust its operations to ensure we can adapt as the situation evolves. We are preparing for all scenarios and we will be providing prompt and clear advice when the time comes.
- All contractors will receive advice in the event of any change to operations that may impact you visiting our site or any new procedures that we need to put in place.
What we ask from you
If you have a change in operations or staffing during this time we encourage you to alert our team of any contact details or locations shifts so we know how/where to get in touch.
If any of your staff are unwell, please ensure they do not visit any SWTAFE campus
We ask all contractors to follow the social distancing guidelines provided by the Dept. of Health and manage this accordingly in your workplace and our campuses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds), especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you are sick and don’t expose others.
- Get vaccinated for flu (influenza) when available in April
- Stop shaking hands as a greeting.
We have also created an information portal on the SWTAFE website that can be accessed for the latest information and updates for both students and contractors. You will find all of our communications here https://www.swtafe.edu.au/south-west-tafe-coronavirus-updates
If there are important questions that you don’t feel are being answered please make contact with our SWTAFE Facilities Team:
- Phil Dwyer
OHS & Facilities Compliance Officer
T (03) 5564 8864 | M 0458 914 064
- Frank Berger
T (03) 5564 8997 | M 0419 004 408
Stay safe and well,
South West TAFE