What is happening at SWTAFE
- South West TAFE student holidays have been brought forward and commenced yesterday, Tuesday 24th March instead of Friday 27th March (or as soon as practical for any students undertaking exams).
- This means business as normal for our teams (as per any student holidays when classes don’t occur), and the coming weeks will be a critical phase for all staff in our future planning.
- During this time staff will be working on plans for a transition to remote or flexible learning.
- While this is a challenging time, it’s also an exciting one as we utilise innovative online practices to expand our ability to deliver TAFE courses using new modes in the future.
What this means for our contractors
- We are suspending all non-essential maintenance activities until we resume normal operations.
- Any essential maintenance will be identified by our Facilities team, and relevant contractors delivering essential maintenance will be contacted directly to work through any revised Safe Work Method Statements or to agree on any change to previously agreed maintenance schedules.
- Any changes to current maintenance and service requests in response to future recommendations will be communicated as required.
What we ask from you
- If you have a change in contact details, operations or staffing during this time we encourage you to advise a member of our team so we know how/where to get in touch.
- If any of your staff are unwell, and we have pre-arranged access for essential maintenance, please ensure they do not visit any SWTAFE campus.
- We ask all contractors to follow the social distancing guidelines provided by the Dept. of Health and manage this accordingly in your workplace and our campuses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds), especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you are sick and don’t expose others.
- Get vaccinated for flu (influenza) when available in April
- Stop shaking hands as a greeting.
- Maintain physical distancing of 1.5m at all times
We have also created an information portal on the SWTAFE website that can be accessed for the latest information and updates for both students and contractors. You will find all of our communications here https://www.swtafe.edu.au/south-west-tafe-coronavirus-updates
If there are important questions that you don’t feel are being answered please make contact with our SWTAFE Facilities Team:
- Phil Dwyer
OHS & Facilities Compliance Officer
T (03) 5564 8864 | M 0458 914 064
- Emily Smith
T (03) 5564 8946 | M 0484 275 498
Stay safe and well,
South West TAFE