We are encouraged by the positive progress in containing the current outbreak of the Delta variant in Victoria, in the hope that the lockdown will ease next week.
What this means for SWTAFE students
All classes that shifted to remote learning, will remain as remote learning, until the Victorian Government announces a change in restrictions next week.
All classes that were advised to remain on-site as per the timetable, remain on-site. Except for VCAL and EAL which will now shift to remote learning as per timetable.
The following courses will be cancelled on Monday and Tuesday next week:
- Certificate II in Building and Construction
- Certificate II in Furniture Making
- Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Pre-Vocational)
- Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- Belinda Keeley workshop (short course)
- Provide First Aid (short course)
- Mental Health First Aid (short course)
- Coffee Making (short course)
- Certificate I in Work Education
- Certificate II in Work Education
- Certificate I in Initial Adult Literacy and Numeracy
- Certificate I in Transition Education
- Introduction to Welding (nights in Warrnambool)
- VCAL Young Parents
South West Disability Services (SWDS) will continue to offer essential one-to-one support and daily group Webex sessions 10am - 12pm for any NDIS eligible participants.
Please contact Disability Services on (03) 5564 8720 - firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your individual support requirements.
Students wishing to access Webex tutoring support during these times may submit a request via https://www.swtafe.edu.au/tutoring
Public exposure sites
The Department of Health (DoH) is actively identifying and updating its list of public exposure sites. This is a dynamic situation and we strongly encourage all staff and students to monitor risk locations. It is vital that the SWTAFE community follows the DoH guidelines for testing and isolation: if you have visited a public exposure site during the times listed and/or if you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms, however mild, please test and isolate until further direction is provided by to you by DoH.
It is also vital that if you or a close contact have visited a public exposure site and visited one of our campuses that you notify us via email@example.com.
We will be updating you with more information next Tuesday 27 July, once the Victorian Government announce any changes to the restrictions.
Until then, keep up the great attitude and support for one another.