The health and wellbeing of our students, staff and communities is our number one priority. We continue to remain vigilant to the potential risk to our staff, students and community and the Department of Education and Training (DET) is providing daily updates to all TAFEs in this rapidly evolving situation.
- It is important to note that currently there is no change to our operations. This means until the advice of any change all TAFEs will continue to operate as normal in delivering training to our students.
- In regard to any potential changes to operations of TAFEs, the Dept. of Education will follow the expert advice and directions provided by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer and provide any necessary directives to us.
- Currently, the advice of Dr Brett Sutton, Victorian Chief Health Officer, is that ‘pre-emptive school closures are not likely to be proportionate or effective as a public health intervention to prevent community transmission of COVID-19 at this time’.
- As the situation continues to change rapidly, our Management and Incident Response Teams are focusing efforts on planning for how SWTAFE will adjust its operations to ensure we can adapt as the situation evolves.
- We are implementing a range of changes, to support social distancing and to assist in reducing the spread of the virus, as directed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Please see below communication released by SWTAFE