Could you teach others what you do?
$10,000 incentive payments are now available to become a TAFE teacher.
We want to show you how you could teach the next generation of skilled workers.
The TAFE teacher incentive program is a Victorian Government funded initiative that will provide you the financial support towards studying and completing your Certificate IV Training and Assessment, as well as further financial support to help you in your first two years of teaching.
Every course taught at TAFE needs an industry expert with the know-how to teach it. You name the TAFE course and if you’re qualified, you could teach it.
TAFE teachers come from a wide range of backgrounds, you might be:
- a plumber, who’s looking to ‘get off the tools’ and try something new?
- a nurse who, after years of shift work, wants to be able to pick their children up from school?
- a small business owner, who, whilst still passionate about their industry, has had enough of the daily demands of running a business?’
- an engineer, for whom COVID prompted a revaluation of what they want out of life and the remainder of their career?
Changing careers can be daunting; the $10,000 TAFE teacher incentive payments are designed to help make the transition to a new career a less-daunting reality for you.
Why consider TAFE teaching?
- it is a rewarding and flexible career
- it is a well-paying career (click here to find pay rates)
- it gives you the chance to shape the next generation of skilled workers
Do you have industry expertise in any of these areas?
- Civil Construction
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Hairdressing and beauty therapy
- Information technology
- Community services
- Individual support
- Food processing
- Meat safety and quality assurance
If so, we want to hear from you!
What does the TAFE teacher incentive program include?
Payments of up to $10,000 are available for people who are starting their study, upskilling as an educator, or already studying the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
*Program terms & conditions apply. Payments will be made according to milestones being achieved.
Alongside this financial assistance, the program offers specialist mentoring support from a lead teacher at each TAFE to support you as a new teacher and develop your skills.
How to register your interest
Click here to register your interest in being a part-time or full-time teacher at South West TAFE.
You will be required to provide a copy of your resume, and a cover letter responding to the below criteria:
- Completion of a Certificate III trade level qualification and demonstrated relevant experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated and documented current (eg. extensive relevant experience in the last two years) industry skills and knowledge directly related to the industry being trained to deliver in.
- Current Victorian Driver’s license
- Capacity to use Microsoft Office products and relevant industry software and programs
- Completion of TAESS00014 - Enterprise Trainer-Presenting Skill Set
- And a willingness to undertake and complete the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment within 12 to 24 months
If you would like more information call 5564 8737.