What is happening at SWTAFE
- Our staff will be delivering remote, flexible learning to our students wherever possible
- This means business as normal for our teams and students, but with only a skeleton staff on our campuses
- Our campuses remain open to the public in our Customer Service areas and Skills and Jobs Centre
What this means for our contractors
- We have suspended all non-essential maintenance activities until we resume normal operations
- Any essential maintenance has been identified by our Facilities team, and relevant contractors delivering essential maintenance will be contacted directly to work through any revised Safe Work Method Statements or to agree on any change to previously agreed maintenance schedules
- We have a new Permit to Work Form and COVID-19 Contractor Declaration Form. All Contractors coming to work onsite will need to complete these on each occasion they attend our campuses to carry out works
What we ask from you
If you have a change in contact details, operations or staffing during this time we encourage you to advise a member of our team so we know how/where to get in touch.
If any of your staff are unwell, and we have pre-arranged access for essential maintenance, please ensure they do not visit any SWTAFE campus.
We ask all contractors to follow the social distancing guidelines provided by the Dept. of Health and manage this accordingly in your workplace and our campuses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds), especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you are sick and don’t expose others.
- Get vaccinated for flu (influenza) when available in April
- Stop shaking hands as a greeting.
Have any questions?
We have also created an information portal on the SWTAFE website that can be accessed for the latest information and updates for both students and contractors. You will find all of our communications below.
If there are important questions that you don’t feel are being answered please make contact with our SWTAFE Facilities Team:
- Phil Dwyer
OHS & Facilities Compliance Officer
T (03) 5564 8864 | M 0458 914 064
- Emily Smith
T (03) 5564 8946 | M 0484 275 498
Stay safe and well, and happy Easter!
South West TAFE