The Department of Education and Training have this week advised, for the majority of training provision by TAFEs across Victoria; there has been no change to the previous advice relating COVID-19. This means:
- TAFE and training organisations should continue to deliver online and remote learning wherever possible
- where face-to-face training is necessary, we must ensure the provision of hands-on, skills-based learning is provided in line with health advice
- physical distancing practices must be maintained including keeping a distance of 1.5m between individuals where possible
- where physical distancing is not possible, please follow Department of Health and Human Services guidelines including regular hand washing, opening windows, cleaning equipment, and wearing masks
VCAL AND VET students approved to return to campus
This means SWTAFE will be able to welcome back VCAL students next week, and VETDSS students very soon, which is great news. Plans have now been put into action and more detail is being provided to relevant students as details are confirmed.
Until there is a vaccine available, we are all learning how to live with COVID-19 and this means ensuring we have the appropriate OHS protocols at every campus to keep our staff and students safe.
On-campus behaviour will have to change and it won’t look like it did pre-COVID-19. This is now the new normal, and just like any other OHS issue, we need to treat these protocols very seriously.
Any students attending a SWTAFE campus will be required to comply with a range of new COVID-19 safety protocols, including:
- Practice social distancing at all times – this means 1.5m apart at all times anywhere on campus
- Practice good hand hygiene (consider washing hands after using computers, attending meetings, touching any surfaces)
- If you are unwell, stay at home
Easing of restrictions from Monday 1st June
In line with advice from the Chief Health Officer, the Victorian Government this week announced some further easing to restrictions. The update to restrictions can be viewed here:
Please continue to follow the government guidelines to keep yourself and your family safe.
South West TAFE