However, Coronavirus is still present in Australia and while everyone wants to get back to normal, we also need to stay safe over the holiday and summer period.
Responding to the COVID pandemic in an education context has required great focus and rapid adaptation. From the reimagining of remote learning to adhering to the comprehensive COVID protocols, SWTAFE has worked within constraints and demonstrated leadership to adapt, learn and develop amidst such unpredictable times.
I applaud and thank all of our students for their commitment to study in what was a year that none of us could have anticipated. I continue to be amazed at how well our students did, and that they continued to learn and thrive during what was a challenging time.
Updated COVID protocols at SWTAFE
- The one person per 4sqm rule still applies to spaces like the café and within workspaces at SWTAFE
- However, these density limits no longer apply to classroom settings
- Masks are no longer mandatory in the classroom environment at SWTAFE
- However, a face mask is recommended when you can’t keep 1.5 metres distance from other people outside the classroom
- It’s still recommended that we all maintain good hand hygiene (wash or sanitise regularly)
- If you need more info you can go to https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/
Mandatory sign-in/sign-out process across SWTAFE
- Record keeping of people coming to our campuses plays a critical role in keeping us all COVID Safe and a requirement of the Victorian Government.
- All students who come onto campus must now sign-in AND sign-out via QR code scanning
- You will notice that posters containing the QR Codes and instructions are displayed around all campuses and at the entry of each classroom or meeting space.
- Simply scan the QR code with your phone and follow the prompts to sign-in
- When you leave please sign -out by either scanning the QR Code or selecting the ‘sign-out’ button that appeared on your sign-in page
Welcome to 2021
For those of you returning to SWTAFE in 2021, we look forward to welcoming you back to a more normal learning environment on-site where we maintain COVIDSafe protocols to keep all students and staff safe.
It’s been a year that none of us anticipated, and I know we will all look ahead to 2021 with optimism.
South West TAFE