We will be closing all SWTAFE Campuses in accordance with the lockdown, and have listed procedures below.
As a broader overview of the lockdown, the Premier outlined the following for all of Victoria:
This lockdown is a short, sharp blast – the same as we’ve seen in Queensland and WA – that will give us what we need to get ahead of this faster moving virus.
This means there will now be just four reasons to leave your home: shopping for the things you need, care and caregiving, exercise and work, if it is essential.
Exercise and shopping will be limited to five kilometres from your home. If there are no shops in your five-kilometre radius, you’ll be able to travel to the ones closest to you.
Face masks will need to be worn indoors and outdoors – whenever you leave home.
You won’t be able to have visitors to your home. And any public gatherings won’t be able to go ahead.
For more general info in regard to this lockdown, you can go to www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/
SWTAFE closure - stage 4 lockdown
Based on the Premier's announcement and stage 4 lockdown restrictions, the following has been put in place:
- SWTAFE will close all offices and on-campus classes from tonight, until Wednesday 17th February 11.59pm
- There will be no access to any SWTAFE campus or site during this 5-day period (Sat 13 - Wed 13 Feb inclusive) and all events are cancelled
- Classes will be cancelled for this period
- Remote learning/online classes will only be delivered to students who are currently operating in this learning environment
- After today, all staff will now switch to working from home
- For any assistance during this time please contact your teacher via email or call 1300 648 911
I thank you for your patience in responding to the current situation. We will provide updates as soon as we receive any new directives from the Victorian Government.
South West TAFE