While this has not immediately impacted SWTAFE, it is again a reminder of the reality that COVID is now part of our everyday lives and that we need to have stability in business and life as we continue to adjust to our world of ‘COVID normal’. Should there be changes to our operations as a result of the current local incident we will inform you.
We can take comfort in the fact that we have come a long way since the pandemic began, and we now have high vaccination rates in Victoria (and particularly in our region) and therefore the risk to the vaccinated population is dramatically less than it was when the pandemic began.
What to do if you have been to an exposure site
Any students who have been to an exposure site should follow the Department of Health message of:
TIER 1 Site exposure:
- Get tested and isolate immediately
- Quarantine for 14 days
TIER 2 Site exposure:
- Get tested immediately
- Isolate until negative test received
It is important that if you have visited a public exposure site (or are identified as a close contact) and visited one of our campuses that you notify your teacher.
What this means for SWTAFE students
It’s business as usual - we continue to operate as previously directed by the Victorian Government under current regional restrictions.
TAFEs remain closed and the bulk of courses will continue as remote learning, unless identified as permitted study.
The only authorised classes that are currently permitted on-site for this week are:
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
- Certificate II in Automotive
- Certificate II in Building and Construction Pre-apprenticeship
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Diploma of Community Services
- Diploma of Nursing
- Certificate II in Community Services (Colac)
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Elevated Work Platforms (EWP – Portland)
- Operate and Maintain Chainsaws (Hamilton)
- Enterprise Trainer - Presenting skill set
Our wellbeing team will also be available via email@example.com
We’ll keep you updated
Once again, should there be changes to our operations as a result of the current local incident we will inform you. In the meantime, it is business as usual.
Have a good week.