Monique was named Hairdressing and Barbering Student of the Year and also received the Pure Lyndoch Living Excellence Award.
Monique was commended on her commitment, professionalism and her ability to engage and connect with Lyndoch residents whilst working in the PURE Living Hair and Beauty training salon, located at Lyndoch Living.
Monday night’s virtual awards acknowledged the outstanding achievements of students across massage, hair and barbering, beauty and nail technology courses.
SWTAFE Hair, Beauty and Massage senior educator Kathy Hall said it was wonderful to be able to recognise the award winners and celebrate all 2021 students.
“The Pure students have worked so hard and produced amazing outcomes, regardless of whether they were learning in the classroom or virtually. We are proud of what they’ve accomplished and look forward to seeing what they achieve in the future,” she said.
A number of other awards were announced during the evening, including two VET in Schools awards, with both winners attending Warrnambool College. Emily Huismann won the VET DSS Pure Academy Endeavour Award and Hayley Stephens was awarded VET DSS Pure Academy Student of the Year.
The other award winners were:
- Massage Endeavour Award: Leanne Cottrill.
- Diploma of Remedial Massage Student of the Year: Kirah Turri
- Hairdressing Endeavour Award: Sophie Ferriday
- Barbering Endeavour Award: Matthew Wormald
- Pure Hair and Barbering Apprentice of the Year: Tara Davis
- Certificate III in Nail Technology Student of the Year: Tanya Mulholland
- Pure Beauty Student Endeavour Award: Stacey Cosgrove.
- Beauty Trainee of the Year: Sophie Carlyle.
- Certificate III in Beauty Services Student of the Year: Macey Buhlman.
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy Student of the Year: Leeah Smalley.
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Student of the Year: Ashlee Benter.
- Industry Partnership Award: Caron Laboratory