Student Privacy

When you study at South West TAFE or use any of our services, we may collect personal information from you to identify who you are. We respect this personal information and do our best to keep it safe and secure. In all circumstances, we are obliged to comply with the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Health Records Act 2001, and with the privacy principles referred to in these Acts.
Find out more about protecting your privacy.


At South West TAFE, we are committed to the continuous improvement of our academic programs and services to you. 

One of the ways that we measure how we are performing is to ask you, through regular formal surveys.  This feedback is very important, and we consider you to be active participants in the evaluation and improvement of our subjects, courses and services.

This survey asks you about your South West TAFE experience including course/program organisation, teaching and assessment, learning resources and student facilities and service.

The NCVER Student Outcomes Survey is run every two years by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) about six months after TAFE students finish their course and looks at employment and further education outcomes for students as well as satisfaction with the completed program.

The results are compared to information from other TAFE providers in Victoria and across Australia and used to improve our courses and services.

Complaints and opportunities for improvement

Our role is to help you achieve your goals but we need your help to let us know when our efforts are falling short of the mark. We are committed to providing high quality and safe educational and support services for you and the general community.

If you have a suggestion, compliment, complaint or identified solution to an issue, we want to know about it. In some cases, it may not be possible for us to take any action on the feedback unless the content of the feedback can be verified.

Appeals and reviews

If informal discussion fails to resolve your issues you can appeal a decision through our Complaints Resolution Procedure (non-academic) or the Academic Grievance Procedure.

Scholarship and awards program

Scholarships and grants are offered in various areas throughout the year and are advertised on the website as they become available.

Find out more about scholarships.

Learn more about studying with us