While our students will continue with remote learning during term three, we want to reassure everyone that you will all still receive the training and skills you require for the workforce with the help of our experienced teachers.
This week, in line with advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, the Victorian Government announced that metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire would return to Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions from 11.59pm on Wednesday 8 July 2020.
We want to reassure everyone that these new restrictions do not apply to regional Victoria and the previous advice for us still stands.
While regional Victoria is not included in these new restrictions it is now more important than ever that everyone abides by Government guidelines and maintains protocols to stop the spread of this virus in our region.
We will await any change in advice by the Victorian Government and the Victorian Chief Health Officer in regard to when all students and staff may return to campus.
Please remain assured that we will continue to communicate with you swiftly and accurately as we receive advice from the Department of Education and Training in regard to return to full access to learning and working on campus.
- We will continue to deliver online and remote learning to students.
- Where face-to-face training is necessary, we must ensure the provision of hands-on, skills-based learning is provided in line with health advice.
- Your teachers will guide you on protocols if you need to attend any sessions on campus, but these include every student taking responsibility for:
- Practicing social distancing –1.5m apart at all times (this includes meetings, classrooms, cafe and inside/outside of the campus)
- Practicing good hand hygiene (consider washing hands after using computers, attending meetings, touching any surfaces)
- Stay at home if you are unwell
- We also encourage all students to download the COVID Safe app.
Victoria has seen a rapid increase in cases of COVID-19 across the state.
The current advice for regional Victoria stands at:
- The number of visitors you can have to your home remains at five.
- Outdoor gatherings remain at 10 people.
- If you are currently working from home you must keep working from home
- All government restrictions can be viewed here: https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-victoria
- Remember to always maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres from those you don’t live with
- Practise good hygiene.
- Limit your time away from home.
- Get your flu vaccination
- If you are unwell you should stay at home. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, however mild, you should get tested. The most common symptoms are fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell.
- If you have symptoms we recommend you call the Warrnambool Respiratory Assessment Clinic on 5563 1666 8am – 4pm Monday to Saturday to speak with one of the nurses.
Do not travel to restricted areas in Victoria
The current Victorian Government restrictions (lockdown of metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire) mean that you cannot travel in or out of these areas other than for the following reasons:
- Shopping for food and supplies,
- Medical care and caregiving
- Study or work – if you can’t do it from home.
Thank-you so much to everyone for adapting to these changes and I hope everyone is looking forward to the start of term three.
While we are not included in the same restrictions as metropolitan Melbourne we will be watching what happens there closely and it is a timely reminder that we are all responsible for controlling the spread of this virus.
Please continue to follow the government guidelines to keep yourself and your family safe.
South West TAFE