While there are currently still very few active cases in our region, we all need to be mindful of how quickly the situation could change, and what part each of us play in our preparedness for any cases that may impact SWTAFE.
What is happening at SWTAFE
- Our staff continue to deliver training remotely to our students wherever possible.
- This means there is only skeleton staff on our campus until normal operations resume.
- Our campuses do remain open to the public for customer service and the Skills and Jobs Centre in Warrnambool
What this means for our contractors
- All non-essential maintenance activities continue to be suspended until we resume normal operations.
- Essential maintenance has been identified by our Facilities team, and relevant contractors delivering essential maintenance will be contacted directly to work through any revised Safe Work Method Statements or to agree on any change to previously agreed maintenance schedules
- We continue to utilise the Permit to Work Form and the COVID-19 Contractor Declaration Form for all Contractors coming to work onsite.
What we ask from you
If you have a change in contact details, operations, or staffing during this time we encourage you to advise a member of our team so we know how/where to get in touch.
We ask all contractors to follow the social distancing guidelines provided by the Dept. of Health and manage this accordingly in your workplace and our campuses:
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds), especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Ensure you wear a face mask or covering when travelling to and from the SWTAFE site, while you are on-site unless you have a lawful exception not to.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you are sick and don’t expose others.
- Get vaccinated for the flu (influenza). This will help reduce the demand on the healthcare system and protects you from health complications.
What to do if you are unwell and have been onsite
If any of your employees are unwell, and we have pre-arranged access for essential maintenance, please ensure they do not visit any SWTAFE campus.
If you or your employees have been attending a SWTAFE site for essential maintenance and become unwell, please inform Phil Dwyer, OHS & Facilities Compliance Officer on (03) 5564 8864.
How to report a positive COVID-19 case to SWTAFE
If you are a contractor (who has been onsite at SWTAFE) and need to report a positive COVID-19 case, please immediately contact Shannyn Martin:
- During business hours call Shannyn Martin on (03) 5564 8817 or 0466 615 864, or email email@example.com
- After hours please call Shannyn Martin on 0466 615 864
What happens if there is a positive COVID-19 case at SWTAFE
We are well prepared should we be alerted of a positive case at SWTAFE. A comprehensive Trace Management Procedure and Communications Plan has been prepared should we need to act.
Rest assured that should we be notified of a connection to a positive case that any staff, student or contractor identified as close contacts would be alerted immediately by DHHS or SWTAFE. We would also facilitate all requirements and directives of DHHS to prioritise and protect the health and safety of our students, staff and broader community.
Have any questions?
We have also created an information portal on the SWTAFE website that can be accessed for the latest information and updates for both students and contractors. You will find all of our communications here.
If there are important questions that you don’t feel are being answered please make contact with our SWTAFE Facilities Team:
- Phil Dwyer - OHS & Facilities Compliance Officer
Phone: (03) 5564 8864 | Mobile: 0458 914 064
- Emily Smith - Facilities Manager
Phone: (03) 5564 8946 | Mobile: 0484 275 498
Thank you for adhering to the above SWTAFE protocols. It helps us all to stay safe and well.
South West TAFE